We are sure you will agree with us when we say that renovating kitchen cabinets is not as easy as it looks.
To make your task easy, we have handpicked the best ten paint sprayers for kitchen cabinets and reviewed them for you.
So, you can choose one of these according to your needs and get started with renewing your kitchen.
We’ve conclusively determined these three products to be the best of the best.
Now, let’s get into the detailed reviews for the top 10 best paint sprayers for kitchen cabinets.
Best Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets - Best 10 Reviews
1. Best Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets with Professional Results - Fuji 2202 Semi-Pro Review
First up we have Fuji 2202 paint sprayer which is very unique. It can work as a gravity feed or a bottom feed paint sprayer.
This HVLP paint sprayer is an all-rounder when it comes to its applications. It can be used to paint furniture, cabinets, ceilings, walls, doors, etc. It offers excellent quality and value for its price and gives a smooth factory-like finish.
Features of Fuji 2202 Semi-Pro – Best Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets
- Features 1400 watt 2-stage powerful motor and an M-Model non-bleed spray gun
- Can be used as a bottom feed as well as a gravity feed paint sprayer
- Comes with a 1-quart bottom-feed paint can and a 400 cc gravity feed paint can
- Aircap sizes: 0.8 mm – 2 mm with 1.3 mm air cap installed
- Includes a turbine case made of metal, with a gun holder
- Includes a 25 ft. long hose with air control valve to prevent bounce back and overspray
- Vertical, horizontal and round spray patterns supported from 1 to 12 inches in width
- Very versatile
- Easily assembles and disassembles for clean-up
- Multiple paints of various viscosities can be sprayed
- Stainless steel passages reduce wear on the needles
- Gives professional results
- A little costly
- Noisier than an average paint sprayer
- May clog
This paint sprayer is for you if you are a perfectionist willing to spend a little more than usual. It gives absolutely amazing results and can be used by all kinds of people may it be hobbyists, DIY-ers, small business owners and even professionals.
2. Best High Power Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets - REXBETI Ultimate-750 Review
Next up, we have another HVLP paint sprayer that comes with a 500-watt motor and paint container with a capacity of 1 liter. This paint sprayer is super versatile regarding the material that can be used with it. This is due to its different sized nozzles and various spray patterns.
The nozzles come in three sizes. The 2.0 mm and 2.5 mm nozzles are perfect for spraying low-viscosity paints such as varnishes and sealers. Whereas, the 3 mm nozzle is used to spray slightly thicker materials such as chalk and milk type paints and latex paints.
Features of REXBETI Ultimate-750
- HVLP paint sprayer with a 500-watt motor
- Paint capacity of 1000 ml
- Allow three spray patterns: Horizontal, vertical, round
- Allows the use of three nozzles: 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 mm
- Flow control knob allows you to set the appropriate flow rate
- Includes a viscosity cup as well
- Handy and lightweight
- High-capacity container requires lesser refills
- Offers quick cleanup
- Very wallet-friendly
- Provides a very fine finish
- 6 ft. power cord makes moving around easy
- For indoor use only
This paint sprayer is ideal for users who want high-capacity performance. If you are looking for your first paint sprayer, this is the best choice. Also, this paint sprayer is perfect for small to medium indoor tasks which include painting furniture, cabinets, inside walls, etc.
3. Best User-Friendly Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets - Astro Pneumatic Tool 4008 Review
This paint sprayer is one of the most affordable paint sprayers for kitchen cabinets in the market.
Another feature that we love about this is its ergonomic design. It is very comfortable to use and does not cause arm fatigue.
This paint sprayer offers a very fine finish at a very affordable price. It ensures the perfect atomization of your material so that you get the finish that you deserve.
It also comes with an adjustable fan size from 8 to 11 inches and a dripless paint cup of 1 quart. The most important feature that our team loved was its very creative air valve design.
Features of Astro Pneumatic Tool 40008
- Two-piece construction with an innovative air valve gun
- Adjustable fan control up to 11 inches at a distance of 8 inches
- Nozzle size of 1.8 mm
- Operates at a pressure of 50 to 60 psi
- Works with a compressor of 3 hp
- 1-quart capacity material cup
- Innovative air valve design does not allow any leaks
- Hassle-free cleanup
- Easy and comfortable to use, does not cause any fatigue
- Requires a compressor
- Does not work with thick material
This paint sprayer is the ideal tool to satisfy your inner perfectionist. It is specially designed to not cause any fatigue for frequent users. It can be used by home-renovators, handymen, DIY-ers and even professionals alike.
4. Best Paint Sprayer for Ideal Finish - Wagner 0518080 Review
This paint sprayer caught our attention because of its HVLP mechanism and 2-stage turbine. This technology atomizes the material particles to form a uniform mist for a factory-like finish. It is absolutely loved by our team as it can be used with a wide range of materials.
The powerful turbine works with materials of low as well as high viscosity. The spray gun is connected to a stationary unit through a 20 ft. hose which makes moving around easy.
Features of Wagner 0518080
- HVLP paint sprayer with a powerful two-stage turbine
- Pressure control dial and material flow adjuster allows the desired paint flow
- Spray pattern varies from ½ inches to 12 inches for desired precision of work
- Features round, vertical and horizontal spray patterns
- Comes with two air filters, a 1 qt. metal cup, a 1.5 qt plastic cup, and a viscosity cup
- 20 ft. hose allows you to paint hard-to-reach areas, such as corners
- Reduces air spray
- Two cups eliminate the need for frequent refilling
- Versatile as it can be used for large projects to small intricate work
- Super easy to clean and hassle-free maintenance
- Can spray a variety of materials
- Lightweight and allows extended reach
- Some people may find the power cord a little short
- Can be noisy
- May take up time to paint larger areas
If you are a perfectionist who is a DIYer, a professional or even a home renovator, this paint sprayer is for you. It forms one of the finest mists.
5. Best Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets with Adjustable Flow - Wagner 0518050 Review
Wagner has made a name for itself when it comes to power tools. This paint sprayer is another Wagner product that is very well-liked among its users, including us.
First of all, it uses a two-stage turbine, the signature of Wagner to produce a fine mist.
Secondly, in order to achieve the desired flow, it uses a regulator on the trigger. It specializes in spraying thinner materials, however thick materials such as latex paints can also be used when thinned.
Features of Wagner 0518050
- HVLP spray gun utilizes a 2-stage turbine to produce a fine finish
- Features three spray patterns, horizontal, vertical and round to suit the shape of the object being painted
- Sprays patterns are from ½ inches to 9 inches wide
- Flow rate of 4.9 fluid ounces per minute
- Includes two paint canisters: 1 qt. for indoor close-up work and 1.5 qt. for outdoor work and a viscosity cup
- Easy to set up, takes barely 5 minutes
- Cleaning up takes no more than 10 minutes
- Super easy to maneuver, the user has all the control over the material flow
- Versatile regarding the site of work
- High capacity paint cups eliminate the need of refilling
- Less overspray
- Material needs to be thinned
- Can clog easily if the material is not properly thinned and filtered
- Not suitable for larger projects
This paint sprayer is for you if you want a unit to perform both outdoor and indoor tasks. It is the perfect unit for homeowners who like to take charge and make small adjustments around the house.
6. Most Versatile Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets - HomeRight Super Finish Max C800971 Review
This HVLP paint sprayer has a very unique feature: It is a self-contained unit and does not require any additional compressor. In addition to this, we love it because of its wide range of spray tips.
Another feature that we like about this paint sprayer is that it comes with a 39-ounce container. This size of the container does not require frequent refilling and does not cause any fatigue as well.
Features of HomeRight Super Finish Max C800971
- HVLP paint sprayer with 450 wattage
- Comes with a high capacity material canister of 39 fluid ounces
- Multiple interchangeable tip options to paint all kinds of materials
- Offers three paint patterns: Horizontal, vertical and circular
- Brass needle and nozzle
- Flow control knob, located on the trigger allows you to set the desired material flow
- Does not require additional compressor
- Quick and easy to set up and maneuver
- Less thinning required
- Durable, thanks to brass parts
- Large paint cup eliminates the need for frequent refilling
- Not suitable for painting ceiling
- Not recommended for oil-based paints
If you are someone who works on small as well as large projects, this paint sprayer is for you. It can spray thick as well as thin materials and is very useful in painting kitchen cabinets, furniture, doors, etc.
7. Most Affordable Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets - Critter Spray 22032 Review
This paint sprayer should be your go-to paint sprayer when it comes to home-based jobs. The one thing that we found very beneficial about it is that it uses mason jars as a paint cup. Mason jars are easily available and are very inexpensive.
Instead of cleaning, you can use different mason jars for different colors or materials.
The air pressure is adjusted at the compressor and nozzle is adjusted upward or downwards for material control.
Features of Critter Spray 22032
- Dimensions: 7 inches x 2 inches x 9 inches
- Weight: 1.65 pounds
- Siphon paint sprayer that is mounted upon a compressor
- Uses 16-ounce mason jars as paint cups and a metal spray gun
- Uses a ¾ hp compressor and requires 3 cubic feet per minute at a 90 psi pressure
- Adaptable to other containers as well
- Easy to use
- Super easy to clean
- Ideal for small tasks around the house
- Very affordable
- Only produces round patterns
- Requires frequent refills, therefore not suitable for bigger projects
- Needs a compressor to run, but does not come with one
If you have a knack for DIY projects and like to handle small tasks around the house yourself, this paint sprayer is for you. It is extremely affordable.
8. Best All-Rounder Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets - PaintWIZ PW25150 Review
This paint sprayer is yet another product by Fuji Spray. Fuji has made a name for itself in the market and this paint sprayer is perfect for home use.
Its plastic construction makes it somewhat lightweight and easy to use without causing too much fatigue.
This handheld paint sprayer is useful for small indoor as well as outdoor projects. It is ideal for painting cabinets, doors, closets, furniture, etc.
It can spray all kinds of thin paints, and comes with three spray patterns: Wide horizontal and vertical, and a circular pattern to reach hard corners.
Features of PaintWIZ PW25150
- 400 watts HVLP handheld paint sprayer
- Fluid control dial lets the user determine desired paint flow
- Offers three spray patterns: Horizontal, vertical and round
- Includes an 800 ml and a 1.3 L paint cup to work on small to medium jobs
- Comes with a 2.6 mm nozzle and 1.8 mm nozzle
- Also includes mesh strainers, a viscosity cup, and a cleaning brush
- Less overspray
- It is easy to use
- Super quick clean up process
- Offers precise application of material for intricate work
- May cause hand fatigue over a longer period of time
- Only to be used for small projects
- Materials need to be thinned
This paint sprayer is for you if you are a beginner, a DIY enthusiast or a weekend warrior. It is ideal for home use especially painting smaller projects such as kitchen cabinets, furniture, etc.
9. Easy to Set-up Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets - Wagner Control Spray 0417005 Review
Next up, we have another Wagner unit which has proved itself when it comes to small to medium projects. It sprays light-bodied materials such as enamels, stains, sealers, perfectly.
Another reason to love it is Lock-n-Go technology that has made cleaning up a piece of cake. Setting it up takes less than five minutes and cleaning up, no more than ten minutes.
Features of Wagner Spraytech 0417005
- HVLP paint sprayer with a high-speed integrated turbine
- Include 1-quart paint cup and a viscosity cup
- Offers adjustable paint flow for coating output
- Offers three paint patterns: Horizontal, vertical and round with a width of ½ to 6 inches
- Lock -n-Go technology lets you switch paint cartridge quickly
- Versatile regarding the material to be sprayed
- High capacity paint cup allows you to finish a project in one go
- Super easy to clean and set up
- Only sprays thin materials
This paint sprayer offers the ideal professional quality of a Wagner and easy maneuvering for our DIY-er friends and homeowners. It is ideal for perfectionists who desire a factory finish with a low amount of effort.
10. Best Entry-Level Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets - Earlex HV1900 Spray Station Review
Our last paint sprayer is, in fact, an entry-level unit that is capable of painting a 6 ft. x 6 ft. area within 6 minutes. It comes with a 1-quart material canister and provides full control and least overspray, thanks to HVLP technology.
It supports thin to medium-bodied materials and therefore can be used to paint a variety of surfaces. The spray gun is attached to a turbine base via a hose which makes the gun movable while most of the weight stays on the ground.
Features of Earlex HV1900 Spray Station
- HVLP paint sprayer with a 400-watt motor and a turbine base
- 9 ft. hose and a 6 ft. power cord
- Three spray patterns (vertical, horizontal, round) and material flow control enhance versatility
- Dimensions: 12 inches x 12 inches x 26 inches
- Air jacket on the spray gun ensures minimum overspray
- Paint gun is comfortable to use since most of the weight is kept on the ground
- Carry handle is built in to move the turbine unit around
- Easy to work with
- Very less overspray
- Only for small projects
- Thinning is required
If you are a fan of handheld paint sprayers, then look no further. This paint sprayer is for you if you are someone who takes up small to medium projects regularly.
Types of Paint Sprayers used for Painting Kitchen Cabinets:
For painting kitchen cabinets, usually, two types of paint sprayers are used. They are as follows:
Airless Paint Sprayer
An airless paint sprayer comes with an in-built compressor turbine. It atomizes the material into tiny droplets to form a mist. The motorized pump inside the sprayer pushes the droplets on the surface, through the nozzle.
The droplets that form the mist are larger as compared to the ones formed by HVLP paint sprayers. Therefore, we recommend this paint sprayer for large-scale projects where more coverage is required in less time.
This is the reason, airless paint sprayers are not recommended for longer use as well. Usage for longer periods of time can affect the efficiency and life of the unit.
HVLP Paint Sprayer
HVLP stands for High Volume Low Pressure. This paint sprayer uses low pressure to generate higher volumes of the paint mist. The droplets that form the paint mist are smaller than those of an airless paint sprayer. This results in finer coverage.
This paint sprayer is perfect for small projects and where intricate work is required. Another thing that this paint sprayer offers is less dripping of the material.
Factors to consider when buying a paint sprayer:
There are certain things that you should consider and keep in mind while buying a paint sprayer for any job. These things include their cost, application, design, capacity, etc.
Let’s discuss these things in detail so that you can make an informed decision.
A paint sprayer used for a medium to a large-scale job can cost anywhere between $200 – $400. These usually offer very professional results and come with exceptional features.
There are others that cost much less and may not have high-end features but are perfect for various small tasks around the house.
Also, it should be kept in mind that different types of paint sprayers cost different. Airless paint sprayers cost less than HVLP, but HVLP is the one with better features when it comes to close-up work.
Portability is another factor that plays a very important role in a painting job. A smaller unit is easier to move around with and causes less fatigue. This might not look like the most important thing to consider right now, but let’s get straight to the point here:
Here’s the deal:
A small and compact unit makes the work less tiring. This, consequently, increases the efficiency of your work. A bigger unit, however, will be much more difficult to work with. Bigger units are useful for a bigger job, that a small paint sprayer will not be able to do.
The capacity of your paint sprayer is yet another feature that cannot be ignored. This feature is primarily concerned with cup-sprayers. These are very commonly used when it comes to painting kitchen cabinets.
As much as a high capacity container seems tempting, the downside to it is that the paint sprayer will become just as heavy. Therefore, while choosing the paint sprayer, make sure that you opt for such a capacity that nor does it require frequent refill and neither causes fatigue while working.
The choice of your paint sprayer also depends upon the material you will be using in your project.
If you will be using standard residential paints and latex, airless paint sprayers are for you. Some airless paint sprayers also support thick-bodied material.
If you are going to use thin-bodied materials, HVLP will be a good choice. HVLP supports materials such as stains, lacquers, etc.
Pressure adjustability is a key factor that can strongly influence your decision as to which paint sprayer to buy.
Many paint sprayers come with a material flow dial, pressure control dial and spray patterns.
The pressure of your unit is also associated with the horsepower of the motor. A strong motor with a greater horsepower will allow thicker and more outflow of the material.
But, here’s the deal:
Although high pressure sounds good and will get the job done quickly, it will also cause more overspray, which means more clean up. Therefore, you should determine the settings according to your needs to get the desired results.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of paint sprayer is best-fit for painting cabinets?
We recommend an HVLP paint sprayer for painting kitchen cabinets. However, some airless paint sprayers can also be used. It should be kept in mind that HVLP paint sprayers require additional maintenance.
How do I clean the kitchen cabinets before painting?
Before you start painting you need to clean the cabinets thoroughly. Kitchen cabinets are exposed to grease, grime, and food splatters. We recommend that you use a grease-cutting cleaner with a scrubbing sponge and wipe them down, so there is no dirt or grime left.
How many times do I need to prime my cabinets before painting?
Applying two coats of primer should be enough. A single coat does not cover all areas of the cabinet. Good priming allows the paint to adhere better to the surface, increasing durability.
How many coats of paint do I need for a perfect look?
Usually, two coats are good. However, if you are trying to cover up something with a light shade you might require 3-4 coats. Before applying the second coat, make sure the older coat has dried up. Painting before the older coat has dried up can cause peeling, uneven paint, bubbling, etc.
How do I clean my paint sprayer for any painting job?
Cleaning out your paint sprayer depends on the material you have been using. Latex and other water-based materials can be washed out using water. Oil-based materials require mineral spirits and materials such as lacquers require a thinner. In addition, it is important to clean down the nozzle after each use and clean the sprayer after every use as well before the paint sits in.
How long do kitchen cabinets take to completely dry?
It usually takes seven to ten days for kitchen cabinets to completely cure. However, they are usually ready to be installed after 24 hours.
What kind of paint should I use to paint kitchen cabinets?
We recommend semi-gloss, gloss or satin materials to paint the cabinets. Matte paints are not recommended because they are not very practical for the kitchen. You need something that can be cleaned up and wiped easily.
Is it necessary to take the doors off the cabinets?
Yes, it is very vital that you take the doors off the cabinets. Otherwise, you will not be able to reach all the areas of the cabinet and the paint might also get on the hinges, handles, and knobs. Make sure to label everything so you know where it goes.
Is it important that I sand before priming the kitchen cabinets?
No, it is not necessary to sand before priming. It might come as a surprise but sanding increases the chances of moisture intrusion, so it is rather advised to not sand.
What measures can I take to ensure paint adhesion on the kitchen cabinets?
Since sanding is not a valid option, we advise you to use a good primer and sand over it. This ensures that the material adheres to the surface, without exposing the wooden surface to any moisture.
Wrapping Things Up!
From this roundup, our clear winner is Fuji 2202 Semi-Pro. This paint sprayer is loved by our team because of its duality. It can be interconverted from bottom feed to gravity feed and vice versa.
Moreover, its powerful 2-stage motor of 1400 watts and the non-bleed gun make it ideal for painting kitchen cabinets. The air control valve prevents the bounceback of the material and overspray. These features combined give the output in the form of a uniform fine mist and a professional paint job.
This paint sprayer is the perfect unit to add to your toolkit and fulfill your semi-professional painting needs.